Healthy lifestyle is very important in today’s scenario. How to be healthy and heal? everyone is concerned about this question.
As we all know, 2020 was an year of corona pandemic. While we welcome 2021, health and lifestyle are two prime aspects to be taken care.
We need to take fresh resolution for adapting a healthy lifestyle instead of sedentary lifestyle and be extra cautious and prepared against the disease.
This article has “wellness tips”/ “healthy lifestyle tips” that comprise inclusive of both physical as well as mental health. Being healthy means to adapt all the major components of healthy living.
Healthy Lifestyle Key components:
- Eating Healthy Diet
- Exercising regularly
- Hydrating our body
- Taking appropriate sleep
- Thinking Positive Thoughts
10 Tips for a healthy lifestyle
Starting the day with exercise – To stay fit and healthy we must start our day with exercise and fruits.
As it takes 21 days to form a habit. Include fruits in the diet and it will eventually become a habit.
Dinner should be done before 9, after completing your meal walk.
Diet– Make a plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eat light food during the dinner time.
Consuming right things– Fresh and seasonal food is the most amazing way to consume all the nutrition.
Select food items wisely one which have nutrients, vitamins and all minerals.
Drink plenty of liquid/water- Water is an important part of lifestyle. Drink ample amount of water as it keeps our body hydrated.
Avoid junk food- It’s always advisable to stay away from fried and junk food items. Don’t consume high sugar, fat and fried items. These food items affect your health badly.
Keep yourself clean- Keeping our hands clean is the vital aspect as most of the diseases are caused due to dirty hands.
Be regular, before and after eating food wash your hands properly. It helps to be away from many diseases.
Focus more on plant based diet- Fruits, vegetables, cereals, nuts in comparison to processed foods are very good for our health.
Avoid Spicy snacks- If you like consuming snacks, focus more on vegetable snacks which are plant based.
Snacks made with oats, fruits, beans are any day a healthy choice.
They are delicious as well as healthy to consume.
Spend time in nature- Spend quality time in nature and focus on breathing.
Drink coffee: As coffee has alot of antioxidants that reduce the risk of diabetes. Try coffee instead of tea.
Meditation is one important aspect in living a healthy life.
By now we have understood 10 tips for a healthy lifestyle. Setting out to make healthy lifestyle changes is the most inspiring and intimidating activity.
Thinking about it is amazing but when we try to implement them actually in our day-to-day life is when the real struggle begins.
Instead of trying to upgrade your health regime quickly, just focus on consistency which will be indeed give long-lasting results.
Do check this video: amazing healthy masala parantha
We need to think, Are we living a “healthy lifestyle”?
For quite some time, we are quite sure that our lifestyle is very “healthy”.
Even without adhering to healthy lifestyle tips, most of the time we keep believing that we are doing amazing job of maintaining our health. But is that completely enough to say we are “healthy”?
Points on which we can analyze and actually meet the criteria of “healthy lifestyle”. Major key points are:
- Are you able to maintain a healthy lifestyle/ BMI or are you losing weight to achieve a healthy lifestyle?
- Consuming 5-6 servings of fruits/vegetables regularly?
- Exercising for 30 minutes or more in a week?
Habits are all those aspects that we continuously discuss, think, and practice, eventually, they become our daily lifestyle aspects.
Health is of prime importance and it is important not to underestimate the importance of a “healthy lifestyle”.
Healthy Lifestyle tips
A “healthy lifestyle” or “how to be healthy” is a prime foundation for living, the factors which need to be considered in the list are:
- Enjoy a good sleep: Rest is the primary factor for de-stressing. A well-rested mind helps in maintaining the proper lifestyle and put all the “stress hormones” away.
- Laugh out loud many times: Laughing helps us to bring happy feelings and helps in coping with situations that make us comfortable. They induce happy feelings in us.
- Smoking: There’s no healthy amount of smoking. healthy means you haven’t smoked before.
- Healthy diet: healthy food is the basis for nutrition and better health management. Foods like nuts, fruits, whole grains, and vegetables are the basis of it.
How to be healthy?
It’s important we choose vegetables, fruits, food items which are good for our lifestyle and help in healing.
As we adapt lifestyle tips, let’s see food items that hep with to heal.
Ways to get Healthy Nutrition
Try and balance all your meals.
Simply, by including protein, healthy carbohydrate, fat and vegetables and/fruit at each meal.
As healthy carbohydrates include rice, whole wheat bread, starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes, parsnips and potatoes, quinoa, millet include them in daily diet.
Eat three meals plus snacks: Eating three meals plus snacks ensure you have proper timing and eating as per the schedule for obtaining enough calories and nutrients.
By including dietary fiber in our food, our metabolism functions best as per the daily schedule.
Eating every 4-5 hours guarantees many energy and efficient metabolism.
Healthy snacks: Snacks are important if you get hungry in between meals. They contain protein or fat + a carbohydrate which keeps your energy going until dinner time.
It reduces your chances of overeating at meals.
It is advisable to proportion your plate to about ½ vegetables and/or fruit, ¼ protein, and ¼ healthy carbohydrate.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Consuming a variety of food items like vegetables, fruits, and nutritious food.
- Diet should be based on rich nutrients and healthy food items.
- Increase in intake of saturated food products in place of unsaturated products.
- Eating food rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Reduction in consuming salt and sugar products.
- Eat regularly and quite often.
- Drinking plenty of water and increasing liquid intake.
- Healthy body weight maintenance.
- Tracking the progress carefully.
- What all food items you have consumed and exercise routine followed.
- Considering a healthy lifestyle for long-term health and happiness.
5 food that helps you heal
- Fiber rich food: One of the best way to reduce your body’s calorie intake is to increase fiber rich food intake. Consume food items such as vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
2. Vitamin D and Calcium-Rich food: Calcium is important for bone strength and muscle contraction. Calcium D increases chances of speedy recovery and bone injuries.
3. Magnesium: It helps in bone strength. It is found in nuts, cashew, potato skin, kidney bean and milk.
4. Vitamin K1 and k2: It helps in developing bone strength. Best sources are green leafy vegetable, meat and diary products.
5. Zinc rich food: By consuming zinc rich food you can heal quickly. It’s found in pulses, seeds, nuts and grains.
In addition to all the factors listed above, we can have a balance of healthy food items, exercise and whole body weight for living healthy and happy life.
Do check: Benefits of meditation