You just need to pack your bags and travel on journey to Andaman Islands.
Andaman has beautiful beaches, exotic and lush green islands. The crystal clear turquoise water with classic flora and fauna are major attractions for travellers.
We planned a trip in December from Delhi to Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the great aura of picturesque islands of “Great Andaman”, are home to rich marine life.
Let’s begin our journey across the city….
The moment we reached Andaman Island, it has everything for travellers across the globe. As Andaman is most sought after destination for experiencing exciting watersports activities.
While travelling to this beautiful island, there are number of exquisite white-sand beaches for exploration.
As every island shares a unique story, Andaman offers unique and exquisite experience for travellers!
Port Blair is the capital of Andaman Island. Calm and soothing weather is the major attraction of port Blair. The cleanliness, stunning coral reefs of marine life makes port Blair a famous destination among travellers.
At the center of this beautiful town, a lot of shopping centers are available for buying seashell jewellery item.
Traditional handicrafts and wooden items are major attractions for travellers. Also, all the local and central government offices operate from here only, so city has utmost safety and security for its tourist.
- Havelock Island: Watersports activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving and sea-bed walk offers you beautiful memories and are major attractions. These islands have beautiful beaches fringed with rain-fed forests that motivates tourists to enjoy all the fun activities well.
- Mount Harriet National Park: We reached Mount Harriet Park from Port Blair by ferry. This National Park is spread across 46.62 sq.km across the forests. Its home to birds, reptiles and amphibians of Andaman Islands. It has highest point in port Blair.
- While going to North Bay light house you can capture some classic views. Once you reach Mount Harriet Park, one can view all three islands around North Bay, Ross, Neil and Havelock.
- Radhanagar: It is rightly counted among the most beautiful islands in Asia. “Radhanagar beach” is an “eye treat” for the travelers having turquoise blue sea and white sands. Radhanagar beach has breathtaking views of sunset sights, palm trees and clear sky which sets it apart from any other beach.
- Cellular Jail: Any traveller visiting Andaman, must cover Cellular jail, which depicts supreme struggle of freedom fighters. This jail incarnates thousand stories and incorporates saga of heroic freedom struggle by their shows. The art gallery has artifacts displayed across the Library and gallery area.
- Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park: Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park has most classic coral reefs and aquatic life across the country. Being endowed with lush mangrove cover, coupled with secluded beaches. Most of the beaches are not accessed till dates.
- You can easily find animals and reptiles in this park. Also, snorkeling, island camping, and scuba diving are some loved adventures of this national park.
- Vijayanagar beach: It’s a secluded place where travellers can spend their time in most calm way. You can visit this place and spend some quality time with your travel partners. Palm trees make the beach most opted place for relaxing by travellers.
- Cuisines Traditional south Indian food is famous in this area. We had breakfast as Idli (an Indian made up from ground rice or rice flour coupled with urad dal and salt) and Dosa (is a dish made of fermented rice and lentils, is offered along with sambar and chutney). Andaman has all the flavours for non-veg/sea-food lovers especially prawns.
People across the world travel to this magnificent island for enjoying mesmerizing beauty and carry memories for life time. We would like you to travel and explore Andaman and Nicobar Island!